Thursday, January 1, 2009

2009 Arrives!

Welcome to the New Year. We had an epic celebration that resulted in all of us being asleep and in bed by 10:30. I had all the Thomas the Train I could stand by 9:15. Enough said.

Health Update

We received the results of the Liver Biopsy back late on Monday night. The really good news is that there is no cancer in my liver and there seems to be very little if any permanent damage.

The other news is that it remains severely agitated with elevated enzymes. The indicators are that I may have what is called Autoimmune Hepatitis which is a condition in which your body seemingly attacks your liver. I've got my own civil war happening right inside my organs. How fortunate!

Prognosis (when caught early as in my case) is very good although it requires some medication and time. I will have to get on some strong medicine and then ultimately taper off of it so that my body behaves correctly. We are hopeful that my liver responds quickly and favorably to the medicine.

As for the cancer treatment, that has been postponed indefinitely until we can get this other issue dealt with. My good doctors will monitor me closely to make sure that there is no advancement. I have an indolent, slow growing form of NHL so we are prayerful that this will not be an issue. One thing at a time.

Thanks again for your kindness, your prayers and your friendship.