Saturday, January 6, 2007

Latest on Tim's Health/Treatment

While in Atlanta this week, we were able to visit with our Oncologist via phone for about 30 minutes on Wednesday afternoon. Before we determine a treatment plan, our physician think it is best to at least attempt to get a larger sample of the cancerous cells. So, I need you to start praying again. I will go into St Dominic's hospital on Wednesday, January 10 and have another CT guided biopsy of the suspect area. Pray specifically that the Radiologist will get a large sample of the area.

The larger sample is important to validate or determine the exact pathology of the cancer. From the first test, this particular tumor may be less aggressive than what we were facing last year. Our Oncologist does not want to over treat us at this point. I don't want him to either (if you know what I mean).

We have great peace that God is working in our lives. Last week (while I was in Atlanta), God clearly spoke to me through an unusual series of events and a dear Christian friend (thanks Bill!). This encounter was one of those tangible ways of God showing Lynnette and I that He has not forgotten us and is going before us in all things. I personally get more encouragement from encounters like this than when I receive a good report from the Doctors (although that is good too). My Hope is in Christ. When I hear Him speak or see Him move in my life there is a greater comfort and greater grace released to me that comforts and reminds that He is working out His purposes. And that is my hope in all of this.

Check out my photo of a little boy in a big city...entrusted to the God who will carry Him all of His days.

You who have been borne by Me from birth
And have been carried from the womb;
Even to your old age I will be the same,
And even to your graying years I will bear you!
I have done it, and I will carry you;
And I will bear you and I will deliver you.
To whom would you liken Me
And make Me equal and compare Me,
That we would be alike?

Isaiah 46:4-6