One of the people that has really blessed my life is Dr. John Piper. Pastor John is the Preaching Pastor at Bethelehem Baptist Church in Minneapolis, MN. His best known book is called "Desiring God " (I highly recommend your reading it). I was fortunate enough to be exposed to his teaching ten years ago through my relationship with Passion Conferences.
Almost a year ago, Pastor John was diagnosed with prostate cancer which coincided with my own discovery that I had Non-Hodgkins lymphoma. Pastor John has since made a full recovery. During that time, he wrote an article entitled Don't Waste Your Cancer (under his Taste & See column 2006) which was a tremendous challenge to my own journey. It's a call for all of us to be reminded that the various experiences that God allows to come our way have the potential to be powerful tools in His plan to display His glory.
I challenge you to read this article and pray that we will be faithful to not waste anything...including cancer.
